Tuesday, July 28, 2009

They Speak Our Language



O My Soul:

New neighbors moved in across the street! You met them last night. He is a pastor for one of the rural churches. He and his wife have four children ages 14, 12, 10, and 8.

My children ages 10, 6, and 4 are very excited. My ten year old son is lonely. As I learn more about my illness I see many of the same signs in him (I'll leave that for another post). Maybe my son will click with the ten and twelve year olds across the street.

My daughter woke up early this morning. She wanted to visit them but knew it was too early to knock on their door. She said, "They need their rest from traveling from so far away."

Then she said the funniest thing. (Background: our family lived in Asia but have been back a few years). Anyway, my daughter said, "Well, they couldn't have traveled to0 far." I asked, "Why?" And she said, "Because they speak our language!"

Lord, you are our Good Shepherd. You have provided much for me over the past year as I began to be diagnosed with major depression. As the fog begins to lift I see pain in my family. Care for them. And thank you for them. In Christ, Amen.

-oms

1 comment:

  1. Dear soul,
    Remind yourself in times of doubt that will come with your disease, that God provides as he did this time for you! :)

    ReplyDelete