Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Four Hours Later

I met with my counselor for an hour last week.  It was a general intake.  I filled out forms.  She asked me a few questions and suddenly the hour was up.

I returned on Monday to answer some 1,000 questions.  They were all agree/disagree questions and not hard to answer but, it took me the full three hours to complete.

So, I'm four hours into this new little journey.  So far so good.

I return this Friday to complete the general intake and review the analysis to all the question.

My counselor's psychology background is very strong but I still need a few questions answered before I can go too much farther in counseling.  I should have asked the questions last week but time ran out.  The questions I have are the following:

1.  What is her religion?  Christian, Buddhist, Atheist, etc.

2.  Does she practice her faith?

3.  Does that faith influence her practice?  Explain what you mean?

4.  Is she willing let my faith have a part in my healing?  I am a pastor after all.

5.  If I meet with her for 5 or 10 times, what might I expect as a result?

6.  What is the plan?  I need a plan, even if I don't meet the goal in a certain time period.  I need to know what I'm working toward.

7.  One practical area that I would find beneficial is to learn more about shame and the cycle of shame.  What is it?  Do I have a pattern of it?  How can the cycle be broken?

If there is anything else you think I should ask please comment.

Our next one hour session is this Friday.  Afterwards, I meet with my Father-Confessor.  I'll let you know how all that turns out.

Until then,

Hope in Christ &
God bless you.

-oms

No comments:

Post a Comment