Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Brother's Keeper


O My Soul:

As a pastor, why should I care about other pastors?

Because they are my God-given neighbors. Because many no longer enjoy their God-given vocations (relationships with congregations and church body). Most pastors I know are taking anti-depressants.

Other pastors are not the competition...they are my brothers.

Therefore, I am overjoyed to help form a monthly study-group for pastors along with congregation members for mutual support. It is a time to feed them with God's Word and Lutheran doctrine. In our case, the Augsburg Confession and Martin Chemnitz's four volume The Examination of the Council of Trent. And plenty of food.

It is a small but important gesture to support other pastors and their congregations.

Hope in Christ alone & God bless you,

-oms

No comments:

Post a Comment