Saturday, April 10, 2010

Depression and Family

O My Soul:

Today was not ordinary for our family.

The two older children had their first soccer game of the year. They enjoyed it even though one child's team lost. I watched both of them.

While the first game was going on, I watched my youngest son. We sat on the sidelines. I read on of his library books to him. We had a nice time.

I spent time with my son on his 4-H project. He enjoyed it and we have some ideas for the summer fair. (This is our first time in 4-H).

We set up the backyard fire pit (thank you Menards). We made hot dogs over the fire with smores for dessert. The kids had a great time.

My daughter wanted to play a board game. So we did. Lots of fun.


You may ask, "Who cares?" Everybody does that kind of stuff.

Well not this family. It has been a long time since I spent the whole day with my family. I did have a few grumpy moments but pulled through.

My point is that it's not only the depressed that suffer from depression but also the family. Emotions are contagious. Good emotions. Bad emotions. Depressed emotions bring the whole family down.

I'm glad we had a good day; not just me but the whole family. I hope we can build many more good memories, good emotions, and good days this summer.

God bless you and yours,

-oms

No comments:

Post a Comment