Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bibliotherapy


O My Soul:

Here is an old Wall Street Journal article on Bibliotherapy. I have been working through one book on Depression and another on Anxiety. It is helpful but very difficult to do on my own.

My current therapist is emotionally supportive and has brought me a long way in reducing outbursts of anger and some anxiety over the past nine months. The depression is another animal.

I accept that I may be more susceptible to depression than others. I also accept that my behavior influences family dynamics in the home. But, do I have to accept that this is my personality type and I can only hope to lessen its effects. Is cure not a possibility? Can't depressive thoughts and behaviors be changed? Well, then what are my depressive thoughts and behaviors and how do I change them!

I am looking for a new therapist.

-oms

No comments:

Post a Comment