Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

O My Soul:

I came home from an early morning Bible Study to watch the homecoming of Euna Lee and Laura Ling. The journalists have spent the last 140 days in a North Korean prison and were sentenced to 12 years hard labor before being pardoned. For a good overview of the story click on this link to the CBS Early Show

A CBS commentator briefly mentions Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Here is a definition of PTSD from the Mayo Clinic.

I wonder how Euna and Laura will address the trauma of their imprisonment.

I lived in Asia for several years as a missionary. I visited several prisons, heard stories, saw things, and am still adjusting. PTSD is real.

If you have had a traumatic event PTSD treatment is available.

-oms

No comments:

Post a Comment