Saturday, May 1, 2010

May Day & The Battle Within

O My Soul:

This year, my May Day experience has more to do with a distress signal than a spring festival. I just don't feel right.

The American mythological icon, Spiderman, has the ability to sense danger before it happens. When he has that sense, he says that his spider senses are tingling.

Today, my equivalent of those spider senses are tingling. I feel like my anxiety is on the rise and will be followed by a bout of depression.

Why? I don't know. It's just a hunch. It could be a culmination of the following:

1. A Voters' Assembly last Monday. Things went well, but it was emotional.

2. Last day of Confirmation on Wednesday. Confirmation Day was Palm Sunday but my Wednesday schedule was spent planning a pizza party and Bible bowl.

3. Thursday I felt like I was catching a cold. Maybe I still am.

4. Gained weight at my Weight Watchers weigh-in. (totally ok with me but my body is not doing well even though I've been treating it well.)

5. Writing about my childhood. (Click here for that story.)

What will I do to help prevent or at least lessen the depth of what I think is happening?

1. I'm going to bed early. Like 8:30pm after prayer.

2. Arrive at church by 5:30am maybe 6 to slowly and quietly pray and then review the 9:00 service and 10:30 Bible study.

3. Keep the three schedule pastoral visits short and to the point.

4. Eat well.

5. Go to bed early again tomorrow night.

I'll let you know how things went. Until then,

Hope in Christ &
God bless you

-oms

No comments:

Post a Comment